1. Raghu P, Nair KM, Himabindu P, and Ravinder P. Bioavailability of iron and zinc from multiple micronutrient fortified beverage premixes in Caco-2 cell model. J Food Scienc. 76, H38-H42, 2011.
2. Arlappa N, Balakrishna N, Laxmaiah A, Raghu P, Vikas Rao V and Nair KM, Brahmam GNV Prevalence of vitamin A deficiency and its determinants among the rural pre-school children of Madhya Pradesh, India (Vitamin A deficiency in children) Ann Hum Biol 2011, 38: 131-136.
3. Nair KM, Laboratory methods for assessing bioavailability of mineral preparations: Advantages and limitations. In Proc of National Seminar on Interior of Molecules from Ayurvedic Metal and Mineral preparations, Science City, Kolkata, December 3-4, 2006. Central Council for Research in Ayurveda and Siddha, 2010, pp 59-68.
4. B.Sesikeran, K.Polasa, A. Vajreswari, M.Raghunath and Nair KM, P.Hemalatha, KV.Radhakrishna, Sudip Ghosh, V.Sudershan Rao, S.Vazir, Fernandez S., P.Raghu. New areas of nutrition research. NFI Bulletin, 2010, 31(4): 1-5.
5. Sreenivasulu K, Raghu P and Nair KM. Zinc inhibits oxidative stress induced iron signaling and apoptosis in Caco-2 cells. Free Radical Biol Med, 2010, 48:961-968.
6. Nair KM. Food Fortification with iron. Proceedings of the Fifth Conference on Iron Deficiency. Organized by Dr.JC. Patel Medical Research Foundation, Mumbai. pp6-16 , February 4-7, 2010.
7. Sreenivasulu K, Raghu P and Nair KM. Polyphenol rich beverages enhance zinc uptake and metallothionein expression in Caco-2 cells. J. Food Science 2010, 75:H123 – H128.
8. B.Sesikeran, Nair. KM and P.Raghu. Micronutrient malnutrition – Will technology come to our rescue? Nutrition July 2010, 41(3): 3-16.
9. Arlappa N, Balakrishna N, Laxmaiah A, Nair KM and Brahmam GNV. Prevalence of clinical and sub-clinical vitamin A deficiency among rural pre-school children of West Bengal, India. Ind .Pead. E-Pub 2010 August, pp 1-3.
10. Vasuprada Iyengar, Raghu Pullakhandam and Nair KM. Dietary ligands as determinants of iron-zinc interactions at the absorptive enterocyte. J. Food Science 20l0, 75: H260-H264.
11. Arlappa N, Balakrishna N, Laxmaiah A, Nair KM, Brahmam GNV. Prevalence of clinical and sub-clinical vitamin A deficiency among rural pre-school children of West Bengal, India. Ind .Pead. E-Pub 2010 August, pp 1-3.
12. Raghu P, Srinivas PNBS, Nair KM and Reddy GB. Binding and stabilization of transthyretin and curcumin. Arch Biochem Biophys 485:115-119 (2009).
13. Vasuprada Iyengar, Raghu Pullakhandam and Nair KM. Iron–zinc interaction during uptake in human intestinal Caco-2 cell line: Kinetic analyses and possible mechanism. Ind. J. Biochem Biophys 46: 299-306 (2009).
14. Nair KM and Vasuprada Iyengar. Iron content, bioavailability and factors affecting iron status of Indians. Indian J Med. Res.130:634-645 (2009).
15. Sreenivasulu K, Raghu P, Ravinder P and Nair KM. Effect of dietary ligands and food matrices on zinc uptake in Caco-2 cells: Implications in assessing zinc bioavailability J. Agric Food Chem. 56(22), 10967–10972 (2008).
16. Raghu, Nair KM, Sunanda K, Sreenivasulu K, Tippeswamy TG. Ferric reductase activity of low molecular weight human milk fraction is associated with enhanced iron solubility and uptake in caco2 cells. BBRC, 374:369-372. (2008).
17. Sreedhar B. and Nair, K.M. Concurrent repletion of iron and zinc reduces intestinal oxidative damage in iron-and zinc-deficient rats. World J Gastroentrol 13 (43) :5707- 5717 (2007).
18. Vasantha L.K, Sesikeran . B and Nair, K.M. Evidence for a sequential transfer of iron amongst ferritin, transferrin and transferrin receptor during duodenal absorption of iron in rat and human. World J Gastroenterol 13 (7): 1042-1052 (2007).
19. Nair, K.M.. Fortification as a Strategy to Control Micronutrient Malnutrition. In Food fortification, A Gujarat Initiative, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department, Government of Gujarat and Gujarat Roller Flour Millers’ Association, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 99-112, (2007).
20. B. Satyanarayana, P. Raghu , P. Ravinder and Nair, K.M. Gastric digestion of pea ferritin and modulation of its iron bioavailability by ascorbic and phytic acids in caco-2 cells . World J Gastroentrol 13 (14): 2083-2088 (2007).
21. Sivakumar, B., Vijayaraghavan, K., Vazir, Shahnaz, Balakrishna, N., Shatrugna, Veena, Sarma, K.V.R., Nair, K.M. Raghuramulu, N. and Krishnaswamy, Kamala. Effect of micronutrient supplement on health and nutritional status of school children: study design. Nutrition 22: S1 (2006).
22. Nair,K.M. Fortification: An important strategy for addressing micronutrient malnutrition. Proc Nutr Soc India 53: 57 (2006).
23. Sivakumar, B., Nair, K.M, Sreeramulu, D., Suryanarayana, P., Ravinder, P., Shatrugna, Veena, Ajey Kumar, P., Raghunath, M., Vikas Rao, V., Balakrishna, N.. Udaykumar, P. and Raghuramulu, N. Effect of micronutrient supplement on health and nutritional status of school children: Biochemical status. Nutrition 22: S15 (2006).
24. Sreedhar, B. and Nair, K. Modulation of aconitase, metallothionein and oxidative stress in zinc-deficient rat intestine during zinc and iron repletion. Free Radic Biol Med 39: 999 (2005).
25. Nair.K.M, Bhaskaram, P., Balakrishna, N., Ravinder, P. and Sesikeran, B. Response of hemoglobin, serum ferritin and serum transferrin receptor during iron supplementation in pregnancy: A prospective study. Nutrition 20 : 896 (2004).
26. Sreedhar, B., Subramanian, R. and Nair, K.M. A protective role for zinc on intestinal peroxidative damage during oral iron repletion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318: 992 (2004).
27. Sreedhar, B. and Nair, K.M. Iron dependence and zinc inhibition of duodenal cytosolic aconitase of rat. Indian J Biochem Biophys 41: 250 (2004).
28. Binata Nayak, K. and Nair, K.M. In vitro bioavailability of iron from wheat flour fortified with ascorbic acid, EDTA and sodium hexametaphosphate, with or without iron. Food Chem 80: 545 (2003).
29. Bhaskaram P, Nair K.M, Balakrishna N, Ravinder P, Sesikeran B. Serum transferrin receptor in children with respiratory infections. Eur J Clin Nutr. 57 (1): 75 Jan (2003).
30. Sivakumar B, Nair K.M Double fortified salt at crossroads. Indian J Pediatr. 69 (7): 617 Jul (2002).
31. Nair KM. Wheat flour fortification to control iron deficiency anemia in India Proceedings of the 2nd International Wheat seminar on 'Wheat and wheat products-Global Perspectives' Hyderabad , Wheat products promotion society, New Delhi. 200-204, 27-28th Sept 2002
32. Srigiridhar K, Nair K.M, Subramanaian R and Singotamu L. Oral repletion of iron induces free radical mediated alterations in the gastrointestinal tract of rat. Mol. Cellular Biochem. 219, 91-98 (2001).
33. Kamala Krishnaswamy and Nair, K.M Importance of folate in human nutrition. Brit J Nutr 85 (Suppl 2): S115 (2001).
34. B.Sivakumar, GNV Brahmam, Nair.K.M, S.Ranganathan, M.Vishnuvardhan Rao, K.Vijayaraghavan and Kamala Krishnaswamy Prospects of fortification of salt with iron and iodine Brit J Nutr 85 (Suppl 2): S167 (2001).
35. Nair, K. M Alternate strategies for improving iron nutrition: lessons from recent research. Brit J Nutr 85 (Suppl 2):S187 (2001).
36. Bhaskaram, P., Balakrishna, N. Nair, K.M. and Sivakumar, B. Vitamin A deficiency in infants: Effects of postnatal maternal vitamin A supplementation on the growth and vitamin A status. Nutr Res 20(6): 769 (2000).
37. Nair, K.M. Iron in health and disease - a review. Gujarat Med J 57(1): 5 (2000).
38. Srigiridhar K, Nair KM. Supplementation with alpha-tocopherol or a combination of alpha-tocopherol and ascorbic acid protects the gastrointestinal tract of iron-deficient rats against iron-induced oxidative damage during iron repletion. Br J Nutr. 84 (2): 165 Aug (2000)
39. Brahmam, G.N.V., Nair, K.M., Lakshmaiah, A., Gal Reddy Ch. Ranganathan, S., Vishnu Vardhana Rao, M., Naidu A.N., Vijayaraghavan, K., Sivakumar, B., Krishnaswamy, Kamala, Gowrinath Sastry J., Mohanram, M., Prahalad Rao, N. and Reddy, Vinodini. Community trials with iron and iodine fortified salt (double fortified salt). In Proc of the 8th world Salt Symp Vol 2, ed by R.M. Geertman, Amsterdam Elsevier (2000) 955.
40. Nair, K.M., Brahma, G.N.V., Lakshmaiah, A., Gal Reddy Ch., Vishnuvardhana Rao, M., Ranganathan, S., Vijayaraghavan, K., Sivakumar, B. and Krishnaswamy, Kamala. Sodium hexametaphosphate (SHMP) as a stabiliser of double fortified (iron and iodine) salt does alter the calcium and phosphorus homeostasis. In Proc of the 8th World Salt Symp, Vol 2 ed by RM Geertman, Amsterdam Elsevier (2000) 1253.
41. Nair, K.M. Iron absorption and its implications on strategies to control iron deficiency anaemia. ICMR Bull 30(2): 15 (2000).
42. Srigiridhar K, Nair KM. Iron-deficient intestine is more susceptible to peroxidative damage during iron supplementation in rats. Free Radic Biol Med Oct 25 (6) : 660 (1998).
43. Ravinder P, Nair KM, Sivakumar B. Biological efficacy and plasma norethisterone levels of orally administered norethisterone enanthate in rat and hamster. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. Oct 42 (4): 485 (1998).
44. Nair KM, Brahmam GNV, Ranganathan S, Vijayaraghavan K, Sivakumar B, Krishnaswamy K. Impact evaluation of iron & iodine fortified salt. Indian J Med Res. Nov 108 (0): 203 (1998)
45. Nair,K.M., Sesikeran,B., Raganathan,S., Sivakumar,B. Bioeffect and safety of long term feeding of common salt fortified with iron and iodine (double fortified salt) in rat. Nutr Res 18: 121 (1998).
46. Sivakumar, B and Nair, K.M. A appraisal of the iron status indicators. ICMR Bulletin. Vol 27, No.10, October, (1997).
47. Srigiridhar K, Nair KM. Protective effects of antioxidant enzymes and GSH in vivo on iron mediated lipid peroxidation in gastrointestinal tract of rat. Indian J Biochem Biophys 34 (4): 402 Aug (1997).
48. Bhaskaram,P., Nair,K.M., Hemalatha,P., Neetha Murthy, Poornima Nair. Systemic and mucosal immune response to polio vaccination with additional dose in new born period. J Trop Pediatr 43: 232 (1997).
49. Ravinder P, Shatrugna V, Nair KM, Sivakumar B. Pharmacokinetics of orally administered norethisterone enanthate in rabbit, monkey, and women. Contraception. Jun 55 ( 6) : 373 (1997) .
50. Sreeramulu D, Nair KM, Qadri SS, Rao KV, Sivakumar B. Changes in biochemical indicators of iron status during iron repletion and depletion in monkeys. Ann Nutr Metab. 41 (2): 126 (1997).
51. Sivakumar B, Nair, K.M, Brahmam, G.N.V and Mohan Ram, M. Control of iodine deficiency through safe use of iodized salt. ICMR Bulletin, 26, No.6, June (1996).
52. Sreeramulu D, Madhavan Nair K, Sivakumar B. Isolation and characterization of monkey liver ferritin. Indian J Biochem Biophys. Feb 33 (1): 48 (1996)
53. Nair, K.M., Raman, Leela, Ramalakshmi, B.A. and Sreeramulu, D. Plasma iron tolerance of ferrous glycine sulphate and ferrous sulphate in women. Food Nutr Bull 16(1): 72 (1995).
54. Murthy N, Nair KM, Bhaskaram P. A direct ELISA technique to detect antibodies against polioviruses. Indian J Biochem Biophys. Oct 32 (5): 249 (1995)
55. Sreeramulu D, Qadri SS, Nair KM, Sivakumar B. Induction of dietary iron deficiency in rhesus monkeys: sequential changes in serum ferritin and other biochemical indicators of iron status. Ann Nutr Metab. 0 38 (6): 322 (1994)
56. Nair MK, Ebner KE, Cook JD. Isolation and characterization of a transferrin binding protein from rat plasma. Biochim Biophys Acta. Sep 1035 (3): 306 (1990)
57. Narasinga Rao, B.S., Nair, K. Madhavan and Ayyagari Radha. Studies on indigenous production of iodized oil for goitre control in India. In: Proceedings of International Symposium on Environment, genetics and thyroid disorders. Thyroid Assoc (India) (1990) 63.
58. Vijayaraghavan K., G.N. Brahmam, K.M. Nair, D. Akbar and N. Pralhad Rao. Evaluation of National Nutritional Anaemia Prophylaxis Programme. Indian J Pediatr 57: 183 (1990)
59. Bhaskaram, P., Sarada, K., Sivakumar, B., Visweswara Rao, K. and Nair, K. Madhavan. Effect of iron and vitamin A deficiences on macrophage function in children. Nutr Res 9: 35 (1989).
60. Nair KM, Prasad KV, Sivakumar B, Rao BS. Effect of food-restriction on steady state kinetics and tissue distribution of norethindrone and levonorgestrel in rabbits. Indian J Exp Biol. 26 (5): 392 May (1988)
61. Nair, K. M, Prasad, K.V.S., Sivakumar, B. and Narasinga Rao, B.S. Effect of food restriction on steady state kinetics and tissue distribution of Norithindrone and Levonorgestrel in rabbits. Indian J Exp Biol 26: 392 (1988).
62. Pawashe AB, Raman L, Nair K.M, Sarma J. Validity of using capillary blood for the measurement of plasma ferritin. Clin Chim Acta. 163 (1): 119 Feb (1987).
63. K. Vijayaraghavan, G.N.V.Brahmam, Nair K.M, D.Akbar and N.Pralhad Rao. National Nutrition Anaemia Prophylaxis Programme An evaluation in Andhra Pradesh. Final technical Report, National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research, Hyderabad (1987).
64. Nair KM, Sivakumar B, Prema K, Narasinga Rao BS. Bioavailability of levonorgestrel from intravaginal rings in women of low income groups. Contraception. 33: 307 (1986).
65. Sivakumar B, Nair KM, Prasad KV, Rao BS. Pharmacokinetics of norethisterone and levonorgestrel in experimental iron deficiency anemia in rabbits. Contraception. 32: 473 (1985).
66. Nair,K.M., Sivakumar,B., K.Prema. and Narasinga Rao,B.S. Pharmacokinetics of levonorgestrel in Indian women. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 24: 255 (1983).
67. Nair KM, Sivakumar B, Rao BS. Effect of food restriction (undernutrition) on pharmacokinetics of levonorgestrel in rabbits. Contraception. 23 (5) : 549 May (1981)
68. Prasad KV, Nair KM, Sivakumar B, Prema K, Rao BS. Plasma levels of norethidrone in Indian women receiving norethidrone enanthate (20 mg) injectable. Contraception. 23: 497 (1981).
69. Prasad,K.V.S., Nair, K.M., Sivakumar,B. and Narasinga Rao,B.S. Effect of food restriction (undernutrition) on plasma sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) capacity, liver drug metabolizing enzymes and uterine cytosol progesterone receptors levels in rabbits. Contraception 23: 563 (1981).
70. Nair K M, Sivakumar B, Narasinga Rao BS. The rabbit as an animal model to study pharmacokinetics of levonorgestrel in women. Contraception. 23: 89 (1981).
71. Sankolli GM, Naik VK, Prasad KV, Nair K. M, Joshi UM. Influence of antisera on the estimations of norethisterone and levonorgestrel. J Steroid Biochem. Aug 11 (2) : 1159 (1979)
72. Nair KM, Sivakumar B, Prema K, Rao BS. Pharmacokinetics of levonorgestrel in Indian women belonging to low socio-economic group. Contraception. 20: 303 (1979).