1) K.R. Rao, Nirupamalal and NV Giridharan. (2014). Genetics and epigenetics approach to human Obesity. IJMR (In Press)
2) VVR Kanth, M Sasikala, USA Padaki Nagaraja Rao, KR Rao, DN Reddy
(2014). Pooled genetic analysis in ultrasound measured non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in Indian subjects: A pilot study. World journal of hepatology 6 (6), 435
3) Kalashikam RR, Padmavathi I.J.N, Anju E thomus, Sugeetha Jeyapal, NV Giridharan and Raghunath M. (2014). Leptin gene promoter DNA methylation in WNIN obese mutant rats. Lipids in Health and Disease 2014, 13:25. doi:10.1186/1476-511X-13-25
4) Kalashikam RR, Battula KK, Kirlampalli V, Friedman JM, Nappanveettil G. (2013) Obese Locus in WNIN/Obese Rat Maps on Chromosome 5 Upstream of Leptin Receptor. PLoS One. Oct 21;8(10):e77679. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0077679
5) Anand Kumar Kalle, Lalitha Anumula, Pavithra D, Padmavathi I.J.N, Manisha Ganeshan, Rajender Rao K, Venu Lagishetty, Harishanker Nemani, Umakar Reddy S, Giriraj Ratan Chandak, Shantanu Sengupta and Raghunath M. (2013) Maternal dietary folate and / or vitamin b12 restrictions alter body composition (adiposity) and lipid metabolism in Wistar rat offspring. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 24(1):25-31
6) Sharma N, Ethiraj KR, Yadav M, Nayarisseri A, Chaurasiya M, Vankudavath RN, Rao KR. (2012 ) Identification of LOGP values and Electronegativities as structural insights to model inhibitory activity of HIV-1 Capsid Inhibitors - A SVM and MLR aided QSAR studies. Curr Top Med Chem. 12 (16), 1763-74
7) K.R. Rao*, Padmavathi I J N, Venu L and Raghunath M. (2012). Does 11β-Hsd1 Associate with the Development of Visceral Adiposity in Maternal Mg Restricted Wistar/Nin Rat Offspring?. Endocrinology & Metabolic Syndrome. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2161-1017.S7-002
8) K.R. Rao, Padmavathi I J N and Raghunath M. (2012). Maternal micronutrient restriction programs the body adiposity, adipocyte function and lipid metabolism in offspring: A rev iew. Reviews in Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases. 13(2) 103-108
9) Padmavathi I J N*, K.R. Rao* and Raghunath M. (2011). Impact of maternal chromium restriction on glucose tolerance, plasma insulin and oxidative stress in Wistar/NIN rat offspring: Journal of Molecular Endocrinology. 47 (3) 261-71(*equally contributed).
10) K Prashanth, K Rajender Rao, PV Vivek Reddy, R Saranathan, Abhijith R Makki. (2011) Genotypic Characterization of Staphylococcus Aureus Obtained from Humans and Bovine Mastitis Samples in India. Journal of Global Infectious Diseases. 3(2) 115-122
11) Padmavathi I J N, K.R. Rao, Venu L, Ayesha Ismail and Raghunath M. (2010). Maternal dietary chromium restriction programs muscle development and function in the rat offspring. Experimental Biology and Medicine. 235: 349-355
12) Padmavathi I J N, K.R. Rao, Venu L, Manisha Ganesghan, Anand Kumar K, Narashimha Rao CH, Harishankar N, Ayesha Ismail and Raghunath M. (2010). Chronic maternal dietary chromium restriction modulates visceral adiposity: probable underlying mechanisms. Diabetes . 59 (1): 98-104
13) Raghunath M, Venu L, Padmavathi I J N, Kishore Y D, Manisha Ganesghan, Anand Kumar K, Sainath P B and K.R. Rao (2009). Modulation of micronutrient metabolism in the offspring by maternal micronutrient deficiency in experimental animals IJMR. 130: 655-665.
14) Venu L, Padmavathi I J N, Kishore Y D, Vijaya Bhanu N, Rajender Rao K, Sainath P B, Manisha Ganesghan and Raghunath M. (2008). Long term effects of maternal Magnesium restriction on adiposity and insulin resistance in rat pups. Obesity. 16, 1270 – 1276.
15) Lagishetty V, Nandiwada VB, Kalashikam RR, Manchala R. (2007). Effect of maternal vitamin and mineral restrictions on the body fat content and adipocytokine levels of WNIN rat offspring. Nutr Metab (Lond). 4(1):21
16) K. Rajender Rao, Ahmed N, Srinivas S, Leonardo A. Sechi, and Seyed E. Hasnain (2006). Rapid identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing genotypes on the basis of the mycobacterial interspersed repetitive unit locus 26 signature. J Clini Microbio . 44(1): 274-7.
17) Kenchappa P, K. Rajender Rao, Ahmed N, Joshi S, Ghousunnissa S, Vijayalakshmi V and Murthy K J. (2006). Fluorescent Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism (FAFLP) based molecular epidemiology of hospital infections in a tertiary care setting in Hyderabad, India. Infection, Genetics and Evolution. 6 (3): 220-227
18) K. Rajender Rao, Kauser F, Srinivas Sriramula, Zanetti S, Sechi LA, Niyaz Ahmed and Seyed E. Hasnain (2005). Analysis of genomic downsizing on the basis of region-of-difference polymorphism profiling of Mycobacterium tuberculosis patient isolates reveals geographic partitioning. J Clini Microbio. 43(12): 5978-82.
19) Prashanth Kenchappa, Virender S Sangwan, Niyaz Ahmed, K. Rajender Rao, Pathengay A, Annie Mathai, Mansoori T, Das T, Hasnain SE, Sharma S. (2005). High-resolution genotyping of Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains linked to acute post cataract surgery endophthalmitis outbreaks in India. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials.12; 4:19
20) Kauser F, Hussain MA, Ahmed I, Srinivas S, Devi SM, Majeed AA, K. Rajender Rao, Khan AA, Sechi LA, and Ahmed N (2005). Comparing genomes of Helicobacter pylori isolates recovered from ulcer disease patients in England. BMC Microbiology. 25;5(1):32.
21) P.Vijayachari, Niyaz Ahmed, A. P. Sgunan, Sheikh Ghousunnissa, K. Rajender Rao, SE Hasnain and Subhash C. Sehgal (2004). Fluorescent amplified fragment length polymorphism (FAFLP) based molecular epidemiology of Leptospirosis in India. Journal of Clinical microbiology. 42(8): 3575 - 80.
22) Niyaz Ahmed, Mahfooz Alam, K. Rajender Rao, Farhana K, Ashok kumar.N, Vartul S, sharma D ,Ram das, V.M katoch, KJR murthy, Sujai suneetha, Sk sharma, Leonardo A Sechi, RobertH Gilman, SE hasnain (2004) Molecular genotyping of a large multi centric collection of tuberculebacilli indicates geographical partitioning of strain variation: implications in global epidemiology of M.tuberculosis. Journal of Clinical microbiology. 42:(7)3242 - 47.
23) Majeed A A, Niyaz Ahmed, K. Rajender Rao, S. Ghousunnissa, H. A. Nagarajaram, V. M. Katoch, Debby V. Cousins, Leonardo A. Sechi, Robert H. Gilman 5 and Seyed E. Hasnain (2004) AmpliBASE MT ® : A Mycobacterium tuberculosis diversity knowledgebase. Bioinformatics 20(6):989-92
24) Niyaz Ahmed, Luz Caviedes, Mahfooz Alam, K. Rajender Rao, Vartul Sangal, Patricia Sheen, Robert H.Gilman and Seyed E.Hasnain (2003) Distinctiveness of Mycobacterium tuberculosis genotypes from HIV-1 seropositive and seronegative patients in Lima, Peru. Journal of Clinical microbiology. 41: 1712 - 1716.
25) Balaji Meriga, B. Krishna Reddy, K.Rajender Rao, L. Ananda Reddy and P.B.Kavi Kishor (2004) Effect of aluminium on lipid peroxidation, superoxide dismutase, peroxidase and DNA damage in rice seedlings . J. Plant. Physio. Vol 161:63 - 68.
26) Kalashikam Rao., Acheré V., Bastien C., Bastien J.C., Benoît V., Faivre Rampant P., Favre J.M., Jorge V., Leplé J.C., Verger M. & Prat D. (2002). Linkage mapping and QTL analysis for growth of young Pseudotsuga menziesii plants. Forestry,Wood products and Biotechnology Proceedings Ed. Enrique Ritter.
27) K. Rajender Rao, P B Kavi Kishor and K Vaidyanath (2002) Biotechnology of Sesame: An oil seed crop. Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology vol 3. 101 - 110.
28) K. Rajender Rao and Vaidyanath, K., (1997) Induction of multiple shoots from seedling shoot tips of different varieties of Sesamum. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology 10(4) : 257 - 261.
29) K. Rajender Rao, and Vaidyanath, K., (1997) Callus induction and morphogenesis in Sesame (Sesamum indicum L.). Advances in Plant Sciences. 10(2): 21 - 26.
30) Vaidyanath. K and Rajender Rao. K. ( 2004). Biotechnology and the improvement of oil seed crops -- Indian context: Gleanings in Plant Sciences, Vedams eBooks (P) Ltd. New Delhi.
31) Rajender Rao K and Vaidyanath K (2003) Biotechnology of Sesame. Plant Genetic Engneering: Improvement of Commercial Plants-II. Vol. 4: 221 - 234. Sci Tech Publishing Lic, U.S.A.
32) Rajender Rao, K. and Vaidyanath, K., (2000) Biotechnology of Sesamum : Problems and prospects. Recent advances in Biotechnology P.C Trivedi (ed) pp. 106 – 120, Panima Publishing Corporation, New Deldhi – India.
33) Rajender Rao, K. and Vaidyanath, K., (1999) Biotechnology and Sesamum improvement. Proceedings of National Symposium on "Plant tissue culture and molecular biology : Emerging trends" P.B. Kavi Kishor (ed), pp. 37 - 46, Orient Longman, Universities Press (India) Limited